My wacky wordle

This is a wordle representing the most-used words on I Was An Expat Wife. Like it? You can get your own at the wordle website.

My wacky wordle

About these ads

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to My wacky wordle

1. Miss Footloose says:

Very cool! I tried it by entering my blog url but it uses my latest post which is about cooking curry in Kenya, and the biggest word is CURRY, which is not what my blog itself is about ;) What did you use?

I just used my blog URL. The wordle I posted is a few months old, but I tried out five or six last week. They all seemed to be representative of the entire blog, although I did notice that a couple didn’t do a very good job of displaying word sizes in proportion to usage frequency. (In one of them, the word “Bilal” was huge, and I’ve only used it once in over 140 posts — it’s the name of one of the kids I interviewed for a TCK article.)

• Team Oyeniyi says:

Similar think happened to be – it used maybe not the last post, but the last few. My biggest word was “easy” which gives TOTALLY the wrong impression about my work! :lol:

2. This is fun, I’m clicking the link and getting mine!

3. Ack … I can’t get the code to work on my blog. Is it because I don’t own my own domain?

You might have to keep trying. The first time I used my wordpress domain, all I got were a bunch of words related to domains. I tried again and it worked beautifully.

• Thank you. I tried again and it worked, however the image was so tiny making it impossible to see on my blog. Any idea how to make the image larger?

I haven’t had that problem, but it must be a common one, because it appears on the FAQ page: “To make your Wordle larger on screen, you can use the “Open in Window” that appears at the bottom of the Wordle image. You can resize the pop-up window as you like.” I just took a screen shot of my wordle and saved it as a jpeg, which made it easy to use in a blog post.

• *smacks head* duh … screen shot! I just learned how to do a screen shot a few weeks ago and have been having a ball with it, but obviously forgot it for this! Thank you for your help, Im off to make it again … :)

4. Pingback: My Sardinian Life’s Wordle Riddle « My Sardinian Life | La Mia Vita Sarda

5. I’m off to have a go at this. No surprises that ‘expat’ was your boldest and brightest word. I’m just wondering why I can’t see ‘Russell’ or ‘Pair of Italians’ anywhere?

Because you can delete a word by right-clicking on it, which I did, because if I include your name in my wordle then everyone else will be jealous.

6. I’ll take a look at this. I guess it will inspire a few posts also…cheers!

7. You’ve got that right. Just because he sneaks in ‘Pair of Italians’ and ‘naked sauna’ he thinks he owns the place! I still get searches for those DAILY. Pathetic. Okay I’m off to try my wordle. I thought yours appropriately reflects your blog. Very cool

8. Just a while ago I saw one of these – wordagrams was how I described them to myself, but of course, wordle! Me too, I’m off to see if I can make one:)