Fall’s fiery colours

Fall's fiery colours

My street, all decked out in fall colours.

My driving has gone all to hell lately. The culprit isn’t my fading eyesight, but the brazen display Mother Nature — all tarted up in her fall finery — is putting on with such wanton abandonment.

Autumn is well and truly here, and I’m finding it hard to keep my eyes on the road when they’re being assaulted by the most gorgeous display of reds, oranges, and yellows bursting from the trees.

Here’s a snippet of video I took a couple of days ago while driving Younger Daughter to her lesson. It’s 30 seconds of heaven — have a look.

And Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends (and my expat friends in Canada, of course!)

About these ads

This entry was posted in Canada and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Fall’s fiery colours

1. How gorgeous! I do miss fall in Canada :0)

Thanks Maria!

Wow, Maria. These colors are absolutely stunning! That’s one thing I miss – no fall colors here at all. But, on the other hand, the most incredible purple explosion when the Jacarandas bloom, which is any day now. By the way, I just about had a heart attack when cars were coming the other way in your video, and I was going like “noooo, she has drifted to the wrong lane!” Then I realized you guys drive on the right side…

3. Happy Thanksgiving Maria! Hope you have a lovely day and thanks for sharing the autumn leaves. The autumn colours are nowhere better than in Canada/the northern US states. Beautiful.

Thanks Evelyn! The leaves are truly stunning. They’re starting to fall now, which is also very pretty. But soon they’ll be bare…. :(

4. Stunning! I’m jealous. :)

5. debdundas says:

That’s what I missed most when I was away – the obvious changing of the seasons. Love these gorgeous colours.

I’ve only really appreciated the colours since I’ve been back. And now I’m obsessed. I made Megan roll down the window and take more video on the way back from the barn today.

• debdundas says:

Funny how going away can make you see home so much differently, and much more appreciatively.

We joined the crawl on 400 on Saturday afternoon, along with several thousand other Torontonians on their way to cottage country, and the only thing that kept us sane were the glorious fall colours in either side of the highway. The unfolding seasons and trees in particular were the things I missed the most when we lived in the Middle East. Something to be thankful for now that we’re back. :)

7. Veronique says:

Beautiful colors ! In Chicago it was no that beautiful – I have to admit – but it was gorgious too. Here (Shanghai) the only things I can see are buildings … Thank you for this video. I have to learn how to do that to put such things on my blog too … One more thing on my to do list.

8. expatcarole says:

That’s beautiful!
    We’ve got similar colours here in Berlin, but the falling leaves come with a drawback… Berliners start their days very early and my early morning alarm call is the horrific buzz of leaf-blowers :-(