The secret to expat happiness?

Last night, sometime between midnight and 3 a.m., I had an epiphany. I woke with a jolt, my mind bursting with an idea that would revolutionize the lives of expat women the world over. The secret to expatriate happiness was laid before me with such startling clarity that I wondered why no one had ever thought of it before.

Desperate to capture this flash of inspiration before it disappeared into the ether, I fumbled about in the dark for a pen and paper. After scrawling my brainwave on what I later realized was a sales receipt, I slipped into the deep, dreamless slumber of the unburdened. The secret was safe!

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was snatch up the scrap of paper that held the key to a blissful existence for all my expat sisters.

This is what I found:

Er… never mind.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to The secret to expat happiness?

1. bookjunkie says:

oh boy can I relate. I often have ‘flashes of brilliance’ that I wish I had written down. Usually I am too lazy to get out of my sweet slumber.

2. naomi says:

oh Maria … that is hysterical!

I keep a notebook by my bed for that VERY thing and wake up to what was most obviously the writings of the contents of a dream vs. inspired thoughts!

LOL! Good to know I’m not the only one staggering about brain dead in the middle of the night 🙂 But oh so wish you could remember what you thought of!

4. Maria says:

Naomi: A notebook would help. Glasses would also have been useful. But honestly, an “on” switch for my brain is the only thing that could have saved this situation!

Judy: I’ve got your number on speed dial. Perhaps I should call you when these epiphanies strike in the middle of the night? 🙂

Call me and die! 🙂

6. shreejacob says:

LOL! I’ve often wondered what would happen if I were to do that for my dreams as well….I guess now I know! 😉