I’m not gonna lie: 2011 was a train wreck for me. I really, really didn’t want to look back at it at all. In fact, I wanted nothing more than to shake its miserable, soul-destroying dust off my feet and leap headlong into 2012. But the lovely folks at WordPress went to all this trouble to make a special annual report just for me (LOL), so I figured it would be rude not to at least mention it.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 42,000 times in 2011. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 16 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
(The Sydney Opera House reference was a nice touch. I saw my very first opera — The Marriage of Figaro — there, so it has a special place in my heart.)
There’s more trivia in the report itself, but what caught my eye was the list of the top five commenters on I Was An Expat Wife over the past year. A big shout-out to:
- Linda from Adventures in Expat Land
- Bookjunkie from Singapore Actually
- Judy from Expatriate Life
- Crystal from Expat Bostonians
- Erica from Expatria, Baby (actually tied with fellow NSEW Dispatcher Russell from In Search of a Life Less Ordinary, although for some reason Russell doesn’t make it into my fabulous annual report.)
Thanks so much to these wonderful bloggers, and to everyone who read, commented, tweeted, and otherwise reminded me why I keep putting fingers to keyboard. Wishing you all a happy, healthy, and interesting 2012.